Riverside County Department of Public Social Services: Hemet (Food Stamps, General Relief and Medi-Cal) information provided by: Riverside County Office on Aging

The Assistance Programs consist of Food Stamps, General Relief, and Medi-Cal. Food Stamps provide aid in the form of coupons for limited grocery items. The Food Stamp Program is designed to promote the general welfare and to safeguard the health and well-being of the nation's population by raising the levels of nutrition among low-income households. Eligibility for this program is income-based. General Relief (GR) is a small, County-funded, vouchers-only program and is generally a source for needy individuals who may not qualify under the primary aid programs. The County provides for limited funding directly to the housing provider. The program also provides for a modest food supplement. Medi-Cal is health insurance for California residents with limited income and resources. Medi-Cal is health care insurance for children, pregnant women, families, the elderly, blind and disabled. Medi-Cal can pay for the expenses of pre-natal care, dental care, physical therapy, pharmacy services, vision care, nursing home care, emergency medical transportation and other medical expenses.

M-Th 7:30am - 5:30pm / F 8:00am - 5:00pm

Record last updated: Aug 31 2017 9:41AM
Add To Favorites In PHR

Edit This Listing ยป


  • Physical Address:
    Assistance Programs
    541 N. San Jacinto
    Hemet, CA 92544
    View Map

Phone Numbers

  • Assistance Programs
    (951) 791-3000

Web Site

  based on 3 review(s)
Rate This Agency


Save Review   Cancel

All comments are subject to review. If it's decided that a comment is inappropriate then it will be deleted from the site.

User Reviews

Incorrect Phone Number
5/11/2012 10:20:39 AM

The number listed for help with food stamp applications is a recording for Child Protection Services???? 951-791-3200??? What is the number for a discussion with a human being about food stamp applications? Thank you. JodyTate@msn.com
Le Roy Boone
7/13/2012 7:12:49 AM

This phone number is wrong . This one i got when i look it up (951) 791-3000
Ember Leona
1/29/2015 8:16:27 AM

The workers are over loaded and never respond to calls or pick up the phone. I have been trying to get GR for 2yrs and it's impossible to find a place for 200 a month... On top of that it's a voucher system and a loan which needs to be paid back. To qualify you must be disabled or continually looking for work. Without housing or income it's hard for me to travel even to the doctor or to use my food stamps. When your homeless you don't a place to cook and there's a restriction that you can't buy hot or cooked food like a rotisserie chicken. There needs to be a feedback comment system. My appeals are usually denied because I can't afford a taxi to get there. I need a bus pass. Internet access. A mailbox there should be a way to get an Obama phone lifeline program if your homeless. lots of people in the parks. It's sad.

Driving Walking/Biking Public Transit  Get Directions