- Cutting Board (plastic and large are recommended)
- Knife that has a flat cutting part
- Wood screws or nails 2 inches (wood screws hold the food better but nails are easier to clean)
- Plastic at least 6 inches by 6 inches and 1/2 an inch thick
- Anti-slide soft pads such as sugru
- Two machine screws and nuts, 1 inch
Tools needed: Dremel with cutting wheel and drilling bits, hot glue gun, and screwdriver.
- Cut and glue the bread holders: from the piece of plastic cut two pieces of 3 inch by 1/2 inch for the bread holder area. Also cut 3 1 by 1 inch squares to make the knife holder. Glue the two 3 by 1/2 inch plastic pieces to the top left corner of the cutting board.
- Put the screws in to make the Food Holders: in the bottom left corner mark three sports in a triangle shape and drill from the bottom so that the pointy part of the screw is facing upward. These should be about 1/2 inch apart.
- Glue and install the knife holder: Take the 3 1 inch by 1 inch squares and glue them together as if making a cube, drill a hole in the middle, drill a hole on the top right corner of the board. Put one of the 1" machine screws from the bottom in the hole and put the knife holder in that screw and tighten the nut to secure the half cube of plastic.
- Attach the knife: place the cutting part of the knife flat against the board with the tip of the knife inside the cube. Mark a spot to drill that will go through the walls of the cube and the tip of the knife. Drill into the knife and the plastic box where marked.Secure knife in plastic cube with machine screw and washer. Additionally the user can place an extra piece of plastic on the board to keep food stationary while cutting.
- Final touches: place soft pads or the sugru in each corner on the bottom so the cutting board does not move.